Website BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania takes a participatory, community-based, and inclusive approach to designing context-specific, impactful programmes.
Project Manager Job Vacancy at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
Career with BRAC International
BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organisation, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone has the opportunity to realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organisation of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity. As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002, and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programmes and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in 2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood
About the Programme
The WFP (World Food Programme) has awarded BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania with a Smallholder Sorghum and Sunflower Development Project locally named Vijana Kilimo Biashara (VKB) to be implemented in Simiyu region addressing the challenges facing the smallholder farmers in sorghum and sunflower value chains. Specifically, the project will be implemented in 2 districts of Meatu and Maswa (Simiyu). The project anticipates reaching a total of 15,000 people including young people and adult farmers.
In preparation for the launch, BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position in BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
The Project Manager will lead on the design, coordination and implementation of the project and establish partnership with local NGOs, farmer organizations, farmer cooperatives and government stakeholders; and will work closely with relevant actors in the sorghum and sunflower value chain to strengthen cooperatives to provide services to farmers for increased production, processing and trade on sorghum and sunflower produced by smallholders farmers; and stimulate trade-led economic growth by strengthening competitiveness of smallholder sorghum and sunflower producers, promoting investments, businesses and creation of jobs along the sorghum and sunflower value chain.
• Play a leading role in implementing the project with overall leadership and managerial oversight of the project, personnel management, budget, and contract delivery.
• Lead on project mobilization and outreach to farmers by organizing, promoting, and managing outreach events.
• In collaboration with BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania monitoring team; develop an effective monitoring and evaluation
strategy and coordinate the design and delivery of appropriate M&E systems and provide support to determine the impact logic and performance monitoring plan.
• Responsible for developing annual work plans, budget revisions and analysis and ensure production of quality and timely reports for donors and stakeholders and work with communication team to ensure that appropriate project documentations are created.
• Represent the project and BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania and network actively with relevant stakeholders, donors, government initiatives, and policies by also actively participating in key events, workshops, and forums.
• Build alliance and coordinate partnership with local agri-focused organizations with significant extension network to help with farmer mobilization and buy-in during implementation phase.
• In collaboration with the Project Management Team, support in the design of a financial mechanism that is appropriate to the needs of farmers and start engagement with financial institutions.
• Establish partnership with other relevant stakeholders as appropriate such as farmer cooperatives, farmer’s organization, AMCOS, Tanzania Sorghum and Sunflower relevant authorities on increasing sorghum and sunflower production and strengthening the value chain.
• Participate in mainstreaming gender in activities to ensure women and youth are among the target beneficiaries of the project.
• Strengthening and maintaining relations with relevant LGAs, government line ministries and private sector/research institutions to coordinate the adoption of new products and/or approaches in agriculture development and marketing.
• Ensuring the provision of quality data on a timely basis for internal project management and external reporting purposes.
• Contribute to dissemination of good practice and lessons from the organization’s work and promote experience sharing and learning in the organization and among partners.
• Proactively work with regional, global and country teams to participate in fundraising and relationship management to ensure high standard of performance in all aspects of resource management including donor identification/mapping, engagement and designing project proposal to create strong pipeline.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
• Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same.
Project Manager Job Vacancy at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
– Master’s degree in agriculture, Rural Development, or any related field.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Training, facilitation and report writing skills.
• Strong leadership and people management and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent in events planning and organizing skills.
• Monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Skills in planning, designing, budgeting, implementing and managing donor funded agriculture projects.
2+ Years working experience in planning, monitoring and controlling including risk management of market development, projects especially sorghum and sunflower value chain project.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application Instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: 13th November 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self-disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
Read : The Top 13 Modern CV Secrets
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com