Website Médecins Sans Frontières
MSF is an international, independent organisation.
JOB VACANCY – PURCHASING OFFICER– FULL TIME – 100%
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: PURCHASING OFFICER
Direct Reports: SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER
Location: LIWALE – LINDI
Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/ project.
- Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analyzing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics team Leader of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
- Purchasing activities in Liwale, Lindi and Mtwara Regions.
- Preparation of purchasing documents through UniField server (MSF software).
- Make sure all required documentations necessary for purchase are legal.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Desirable Diploma or Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Logistics/Procurement or relevant university degree.
- Atleast 2 years experience in Supply chain related jobs
- Basic knowledge on ERP system and Microsoft office.
Purchasing Officer Job Vacancy at Médecins Sans Frontières
o Knowledge of both English and Swhili is desired
Competences and main skills:
o Results and quality oriented
o Team work and cooperation
o Behavioural flexibility
o Good stress management
o Service oriented
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Monday April 17th 2023 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “PURCHASING OFFICER”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Office Liwale.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact msfch-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org