Website Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD
Bulyanhulu is a narrow-vein gold mine containing gold, silver and copper mineralisation in sulphides.
Security Investigation Officer Job Vacancy at Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD
JOB ADVERT – SECURITY INVESTIGATION OFFICER (01 VACANCY)
Roster: 6 Weeks On/ 3 Weeks Off,
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit a Security Investigation Officer to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e., attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health, and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Carry out end-to-end investigations by ensuring that all prescribed investigative / operating methodologies for the various types of investigations are adhered to and by conducting proper planning on high-level investigations.
- Obtain all relevant evidence related to an investigation. Scrutinize / analyze this evidence and make meaningful observations / conclusions regarding the findings and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure that witnesses / suspects and victims are interviewed and where necessary obtain written statements.
- Compile investigation reports as per the prescribed operating methodology, containing the findings of investigations.
- Ensure that each investigation has an accurate, value- adding conclusion for the type of investigation conducted.
- Make meaningful recommendations as per the type of investigation. This will include, but not limited to, system / people / process failures or internal and external threats.
- Make meaningful recommendations to the mandated officials regarding the raising of loss provisions, refunds to clients, repudiations, recovery actions and write-offs.
- Assist line management / HR with relevant findings / documentation for use in disciplinary processes.
- Ensure that each investigation is concluded within the prescribed and acceptable time limit for the investigation.
- Inform management of any suggestions or proposals to enhance investigative methodology / operating procedure.
- Collect timely intelligence to avert fraud and Security incidences.
- To maintain case files and central investigations database to operational standards.
- To attend progress meetings with investigation teams/management
- Develop own skills from training and work experience.
- Prepare and submit whistle-blowing reports to the Head of Security
- Bachelor’s degree in law or Equivalent
- A Valid Tanzania Driving License
Experience and competencies needed:
- Previous professional experience with investigatory procedures and practice.
- Minimum of 03 – 05 years’ experience in the Mining Industry.
Skills / knowledge requirements:
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision.
- Able to prepare detailed reports which include recommendations to Management on improvements to security.
- Working knowledge of various Laws and Statute of Tanzania as they relate to offences committed against the Company and its employees.
- Ability to act and operate as part of a team and possess a “can do” attitude that will motivate the crew to action company directives, regardless of opinion.
- Good time management skills and the ability to complete tasks in a safe, timely and professional fashion.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Possessor a Tanzania Driving License.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.