Website Legal Services Facility (LSF)
Legal Services Facility (LSF) is a basket fund established in 2011 as a non-profit organization that strives to increase access to justice for all.
The Legal Services Facility (LSF) is a registered non-government Organization (NGO) with Registration No. 00NGO/R2/00011. The LSF is equipping organizations which are providing legal aid and paralegal services in Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar. The LSF advocates for inclusive access to justice, including supporting individuals to claim their rights, redress grievances and protect their fundamental human rights.
The LSF’s overall goal is to increase access to justice through a legal empowerment approach, in particular for women and girls.
Post: Senior Gender & Inclusion Officer
Location: Dar es salaam
Reports to: Director of Programs & Operations
1.0 Job purposes
The LSF currently implements its 2022-2026 Strategic Plan with focus and emphasis on gender equality, women and girl’s empowerment, particularly geared to address inequalities and discrimination, property rights, GBV, political participation, economic empowerment and inclusion as well as access to health rights. With this focus, the LSF is determined to ensure a gender mainstreaming approach across all of the LSF’s direct programming, as well as in its internal and external operations with stakeholders and partners. Senior Gender & Inclusion Officerwill be responsible to lead the portfolio and ensure gender mainstreaming in the LSF’s internal and external dealings.
In addition to leading gender mainstreaming, the Senior Gender & Inclusion Officer will lead the articulation of the LSF’s equality and equity goals, considering objectives that are simultaneously progressive and attainable in the local context. These goals will then act as a driving force and offer clear guidance to staff members across all levels and departments of the organization.
2.0 Reporting lines
The Senior Gender & Inclusion Officer will report to the Director of Programs and Operations
3.0 Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Provide substantive technical support to the program implementation and management
- Lead the development and provide technical inputs to the annual gender responsive workplan and budget;
- Oversee the implementation of gender and mainstreaming strategy
- Lead and monitor the gender responsive implementation of program activities to both the organization and implementing partners;
- Participate in the review of the proposals and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review implementing partner’s narrative reports, address and provide guidance on key gender and inclusion dimensions in project reports;
- Oversee the implementation of the Gender and Child Safeguarding Policy and procedures and implementing partners’ level
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of organization reports
- Identify needs and lead gender and inclusion capacity development to implementing partners
- Maintain relationships with national, regional and international partners to support implementation and expansion of the gender equality and women empowerment aspect in the program.
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies to reflect gender equality and women empowerment programming.
- Participate in government, donor, partner meetings and public information events, as assigned.
- Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts on gender equality and women empowerment initiatives
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to gender equality and women empowerment;
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, researches, studies and products on gender equality, Inclusion and Women empowerment
- University degree in development studies, gender studies, social sciences, political sciences or related field with some focus on gender studies and/or social inclusion.
- Master’s degree on gender studies would be an added advantage
- Minimum 4 years of working experience, with an NGO focusing on developmental
agendas related to social development.
- Working experience on gender equality and social inclusion
- Knowledge of program implementation and managementKnowledge of legal aid, legal education, human rights awareness creation and legal empowerment.
- Knowledge on local government structures in Tanzania
- He/she should demonstrate competence on the following:
Creativity, strategic, innovative and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with others
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills in both Kiswahili and English
- Focus on Client centered approaches and the ability to respond to the community needs.
- Foster teamwork and ability to work with other in setting goals and making decisions.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
For Full job profile, eligibility criteria and related details kindly visit our website: www.lsftz.org
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: If you are Tanzanian and qualified for any of the above post, please apply through https://lsftz.tz/jobs/; The application deadline is Friday 09th February,2024. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
LSF is an equal opportunities employer