Website CRDB Bank Plc
The Bank that Listens
JOB REPORTING TO: HEAD OF AGRIBUSINESS
The Purpose of the job is to review and develop an annual business plan for Agribusiness Unit and contribute to the overall business strategy for the Corporate Banking Department to ensure that plans are developed and implemented in line with clear business objectives and goals that support the overall Bank strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
- Ensure Agribusiness Unit adheres to the performance management calendar including objective setting and periodic quarterly reviews as well as setting measures to enhance performance.
- Identify and negotiate business opportunities with Agribusiness clients and develop overall strategies for business development to increase business in line with annual business targets on both assets & liabilities.
- Manage and enhance existing business relationships to ensure the retention of good customers in line with business needs.
- Provide clear direction to team members on the strategic plan and key focus areas and ensure their understanding and buy-in, Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity.
- Analyze and review all Agribusiness client appraisals to ensure credit is granted in line with the credit policy and procedures.
- Deliver all commercial activities of Agribusiness including timely execution of loan applications, approvals, and disbursements according to the agriculture calendar.
- Through monitoring of and coordination with Zonal Managers, ensure Agribusiness targets are achieved as per the approved budget and that resources are allocated as per the Agri coverage model and subsequently ensure performance and profitability are achieved.
- Conduct reviews of the Agribusiness loan portfolio and recommend appropriate interventions to ensure it performs in line with approved performance indicators and targets.
- Review and contribute to the enhancement of the credit policy and procedures for the Bank to ensure that this is aligned with current business and statutory requirements.
- Review, develop, monitor, and control the budget for the unit and monitor the budget of the department to ensure budgets are aligned with the business plan and expenses are controlled within agreed limits. Prepare budgets for the growth of the Agribusiness unit and coordinate budget objectives to ensure targets are achieved.
- Manage the performance of subordinate staff, develop, and implement training and development plans to ensure their performance is aligned with business goals and objectives.
- Liaise with all stakeholders including but not limited to clients, government institutions, the Central Bank, and other financial institutions to ensure that the Bank’s interests are properly represented and safeguarded. Manage relationships with business partners such as the Government, guarantors, donors, and various solution providers for enhancing financial inclusion to smallholder farmers and agriculture value chain players.
- Review all unit reports and related processes and procedures to ensure sound quality control and recommend appropriate interventions in line with policy. Timely coordinate and consolidate all Agribusiness reports requirements to third parties i.e., guarantors, partners, etc. according to agreed terms and conditions.
- To do any other duties assigned to you by your supervisor.
See also: Relationship Manager; Agency Banking – Indirect Job Vacancy at CRDB Bank Plc
Senior Manager Retail Agribusiness Job Vacancy at CRDB Bank Plc
EDUCATION EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree in commerce/ business related from any recognized University or its equivalent qualifications.
- Good knowledge of Agribusiness Value Chains.
- Sound Credit knowledge.
- Good knowledge of the bank’s products and services.
- Knowledge of Agribusiness and government policies related to agricultural activities.
- Business environment awareness.
- Knowledge and awareness of BOT regulations, bank policies and procedures.
- Bank’s agribusiness products.
- Risk Management skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
How to Apply:
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.