Website African Union
The African Union is a continental union consisting of 55 member states located on the continent of Africa.
Senior Risk Officer (APRM)Job Vacancy at African Union
Date: Feb 28, 2023
Location: South Africa, South Africa
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and TeamWork • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Principal Strategic Officer
Directorate/Department/Organ: African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM)
Division: Strategic Planning
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P3
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Purpose of Job
To be responsible for assisting in the identification and mitigation of emerging and current risks through proportionate risk controls and oversight and provide any general or technical risk support and guidance as required.
• Provides technical and intellectual support in the management of various elements related to risk management at the APRM.
• Identifies best practices in risk management and monitor effectiveness of the Office’s support to AU.
• Assists in the development of the strategies and business continuity plan and contribute to their implementation.
• Contributes to development of guidelines, policies and manuals that can guide programmes, system improvement initiatives and overall decision making by higher management in risk management.
• Provides support to the implementation of initiatives related to risk management;
• Assists in the organization of thematic networks on risk management and make contributions during consultations and meetings of these networks;
• Contributes in development of materials in risk management, and provide necessary training and support in risk management to Organization Units as required.
• Provides technical guidance on matters relating to system review and implementation project in risk management, as required.
• Maintains a detailed knowledgebase of relevant external risk management practices and requirements, championing best practice to assist the Business to effectively manage and mitigate risk
• Provides clear, pragmatic and proportionate guidance on the interpretation and application of risk management requirements and developments
• Acts as a principal point of contact on risk management queries for all colleagues, assisting the education process of a robust framework across the business
• Develops and implements risk management procedures throughout the secretariat to promote robust controls and mitigation
• Identifies and helps mitigate risks and issues affecting the Business, recommending actions to mitigate the risks. Ensure more complex risk issues are escalated to the Chief of Staff
• Supports the Head of Strategic Planning in the creation and delivery of strategic, proportionate and effective risk profile reports across the business
• Supports the Head of Strategic Planning to deliver an effective and appropriate risk management framework and risk profiles, including the monitoring of CEO owned risk mitigation plans.
• Provides proactive risk management advice across the secretariat, proactively identifying emerging risks and supporting management to identify and undertake appropriate actions;
• Supporting the secretariat to identify and manage business units and/or incidents and assist the introduction of mitigation controls to prevent reoccurrence
• Monitors the respective business risk profiles, providing support to ensure the CEO owned plans are effectively implemented.
Senior Risk Officer (APRM) Job Vacancy at African Union
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
A Master’s degree in Business Management or Public Administration or related field with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience of which 3 years at expert level preferably within a major government, international organisation, public or private sector organization
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Public Administration or related field with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience of which 3 years at expert level preferably within a major government, international organisation, public or private sector organization
• Planning and organizational skills, flexible and able to multi-task and prioritise
• Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well and work in a team
• Able to independently work in a fast-paced environment
• Computer skills, including excellent word processing, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications experience in using programmes such as MS Word, Excel and Power Point
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than March 28, 2023.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1644
How to Apply :
Read : The Top 13 Modern CV Secrets