Website CRDB Bank Plc
The Bank that Listens
The purpose of this job is to work with data architects, designers, and stewards to ensure that data collected through multiple data entry touch points conform to standards in place to support various reporting and analytics requirements. This will involve identifying and analyzing data sources across a wide spectrum of systems in use within CRDB, and analyzing reporting requirements, both current and future, which will be developed, reviewed, streamlined, or changed. It further involves creating policies and procedures to make sure that data assets are properly entered into the system with the required quality and that any breach is immediately reported and corrected.
A main key element will be to develop policies and procedures, which will enable effective data entry and management across CRDB systems to enable the effective use of existing, new, and upgraded business systems. The role is highly collaborative in nature, as it involves a good understanding of business requirements, systems architecture, and best practices of OLAP designs. The post holder is expected to be a key player in supporting the data governance program in CRDB.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
- Data Management across multiple systems and business units (i.e., removing duplicates, standardizing data, and incorporating rules to eliminate incorrect data from entering the system).
- Collaborate with IT and data owners to create, validate, and maintain data quality.
- Create and maintain documentation for data standards (master data, reference data, data quality, and integration rules).
- Work closely with business units and stakeholders in identifying data-related opportunities.
- Develop data quality reports to monitor the health of the enterprises’ data.
- Identify and lead data quality improvement initiatives.
- Independently develop queries to extract, manipulate and/or calculate information to fulfil data reporting requirements.
- Create and produce reports utilizing our data warehouse and summarize your findings through automated visualizations of organizations’ data health.
- Synthesize complex data/analyses into clear reports and visualizations that tell the story meaningfully and make insightful recommendations on data quality improvements.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the bank’s data.
- In collaboration with the data governance committee, define and execute overall data management strategy including data: governance, security, collection, transformation, modelling, quality and knowledge management processes.
- Develop and maintain consultative and collaborative relationships with key data owners.
- Review existing data and operational systems about future needs and benefits and recommend improvements to meet Banks’ informational and decision support needs, develop/implement improvement roadmaps and train users.
- Provide support for prioritization, project oversight and mentorship on large-scale data-related or data-intensive initiatives and measure and monitor the benefits realization of those initiatives.
- Coordinate with IT and operational counterparts to lead data-driven projects involving timelines, vendor relationships, and budgets to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality and within specified timeframes.
- Develop and design presentations, reports, and other deliverables and summarize findings to key data stakeholders and executive leadership, communicating with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Develop baseline technology standards, tools platforms and processes in support of the overall data strategy.
Specialist: Data Quality And Governance Job Vacancy at CRDB Bank Plc
See also: Specialist, MIS Job Vacancy at Stanbic Bank Tanzania
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in computer systems technology or a related academic field.
- Any Data Governance certification will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of Analytical Systems experience and minimum 2 years of experience in data governance, data architecture, data quality analysis, data management & analytics
- Advanced level proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience with data analysis and profiling.
- Technical interaction with vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Experience in financial services, especially in Banking, will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in data architecture, data warehousing, master data management, enterprise information integration and ETL using a cross-section of technologies and programming languages.
- Clear understanding of common data requirements as they relate to finance, sales, marketing etc.
- Understands the impact of the data models on complex business issues across many functions and departments.
- Track record of working collaboratively with a range of colleagues to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong data analytical and problem-solving capability.
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills, with a flexible approach to workloads.
- Proven skills in designing, documenting, and delivering the architectural and data requirements of data marts, data warehouses and business intelligence solutions.
- Experience with data analysis, profiling, and design of rules to detect data breaches.
- Ability to mentor others and provide technical direction on data architecture, reporting, warehousing, and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) design.
- Ability to communicate design solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences, clearly identifying and articulating the benefits to the business of recommended solutions and approaches.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
How to Apply:
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.