Website Shoprite Group
Shoprite Holdings Ltd, is Africa’s largest supermarket retailer, operating more than 2,943 stores across Africa.
Trainee Manager – Potchefstroom Job Vacancy the Shoprite Group
Purpose of the Job:
To be trained to effectively manage a retail store by ensuring that operational, administrative and managerial duties are met with the Checkers brand image in mind. Furthermore, manage stock and staff effectively, ensure that security measures are according to standards and maximise the profitability of the store.
Job Advert Details
Job Category Retail
- To learn how to be a team leader.
- To learn how to motivate a team.
- To learn how to supervise customer service standards.
- To learn how to supervise housekeeping and hygiene.
- To learn how to implement loss control measures.
- To learn how to supervise sales performance.
- To learn how to access important information in the branch.
- To learn how to supervise stock counts.
- To learn how to accommodate the audience and context needs.
- To learn how to communicate verbally to clients in a friendly manner.
- To learn how to write texts for a range of communicative reasons.
- To learn how to interpret and use information from texts.
- To learn how to supervise POS operations.
- To learn how to supervise promotional activities.
- To learn how to describe and apply the management function.
- To learn how to recruit and select candidates
- Grade 12 – Essential
- Degree/Diploma – Advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managerial position.
- Knowledge and experience in the management of inventory, buying, staff, merchandising and costs and profitability of a business.
- Understanding of the FMCG environment and related legislation will be advantageous
Knowledge and Skills
- Management of perishable products.
- Understanding of the retail consumer behaviour and buying trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional customer service and people management skills.
- Understanding of business reporting.
- Knowledge of computer systems
Deadline : 6th November 2022
How to Apply:
To apply for this job please visit shoprite.erecruit.co.