Website RTI International
RTI is an independent, nonprofit institute that provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients worldwide.
RTI is currently implementing the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity that addresses dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania. This activity incorporates a series of interventions that support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation.
RTI is looking for a candidate to fill the youth and gender specialist position under USAID/Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The positions will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with travels required to the project areas.
The youth and gender specialist will provide technical direction, oversight, and leadership to create and maximize opportunities to engage youth and gender equity though direct project activities. Will support and lead the development and maintenance of a Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE) and social inclusion action plan to recognize the structural disparities and social norms that limit vulnerable populations participation.
- Provide technical leadership, oversight, and integration of youth and gender approaches across program activities.
- Use youth and gender analysis to purposefully engage youth, women, and marginalized groups in all activities and result areas.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the project’s GEWE and social inclusion action plan as well as the youth engagement strategy, including the adaptation and development of tools and approaches to support both the action plan and strategy.
- Work with senior project management and project staff to raise awareness on issues related to youth and gender, and to expand gender content of the project.
- Identify target groups through social assessments, ensure participatory approaches are used and social mapping is conducted and that the involved stakeholders understand the importance of such assessments.
- Engage CSOs and local and national youth networks to integrate women and youth in corridor forums and in LUP design and implementation.
- Train project staff to build their understanding of gender and youth issues. Facilitate youth and gender training and develop and/or adapt training content.
- Support the integration of youth and gender activities within the work plan; Youth and gender specific tools in work planning to promote gender balance in the project implementation.
- Support development of youth and gender sensitive behavior change communication activities and messages. Write blogs, articles and success stories related to the youth and gender work being done.
- Work closely with M&E team to ensure that youth and gender considerations are reflected in M&E plan, frameworks, and reports to assess whether the youth and gender objectives are being met. Support the tracking and maintenance of any youth and gender performance indicators.
- Support the project partners in mainstreaming youth and gender in their policies, management systems and programs and provide training and education in implementing the policies.
- Youth and Gender Specialist Job Vacancy at RTI International
Youth and Gender Specialist Job Vacancy at RTI International
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of experience, Master’s degree and 3 years of experience or PhD and 0 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education in social science and experience.
- Prior experience designing and implementing gender plans for projects.
- USAID or other donor-funded experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in the integration of gender and youth considerations in conversation and natural resource management projects preferred.
To apply for this job please visit globalcareers-rtiinc.icims.com.