Website CRDB Bank Plc
The Bank that Listens
REPORTING TO: MANAGER, DATA MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS
The purpose of this role is to design, develop, optimize, and maintain conceptual and logical database models of all source systems and targeted repositories. Furthermore, this role involves developing database designs and recommending database architecture solutions to ensure company information is stored effectively, and securely but is also retrieved faster and efficiently using existing tools. This role also involves analyzing systems data requirements, overall design and giving architectural recommendations on appropriate methods for data capture from source, transformation logics and final storage in the data warehouse, on occasion, it will involve recommending migration methods for existing data. Furthermore, the role owner is expected to design, implement, and document data architecture and data modelling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and NoSQL databases to support enterprise data management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other data-related initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
- Create data conceptual models and logical data models for each data asset.
- Establish data mapping to all the source systems tables and fields that store data assets.
- Analyze structural data requirements for new software and applications.
- Develop migration plans of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Implement business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across all data platforms (relational, dimensional, and NoSQL) and data tools (reporting, visualization, analytics, and machine learning).
- Work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models.
- Define and govern data modelling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models.
- Identify the architecture, infrastructure, and interfaces to data sources, tools supporting automated data loads, security concerns, analytic models, and data visualization.
- Work proactively and independently to address data-related project requirements and articulate design/modelling issues/challenges to reduce delivery risks.
- Be responsible for the development of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models, OLTP RDBMS, operational data stores (ODS), data marts, and data lakes on target platforms (SQL/NoSQL).
- Oversee and govern the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance via best practices.
- Engage with users during development and testing activities.
- Conceptualize, execute, and refine design specifications in the form of process flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and functional design specs.
- Understand complex customer data, business goals, and requirements, and translate them into functional and technical designs.
- Create customer-centric designs that meet organizational and user requirements.
- Work closely with Data Architects in the development of stored procedures as well as data integrations and aggregation.
View also: Specialist: Data Quality And Governance Job Vacancy at CRDB Bank Plc
Specialist: Data Architecture And Design Job Vacancy at CRDB Bank Plc
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED
- Bachelor in computer/Data Science technical or related experience.
- At least 3 years of Analytical Systems support experience and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in data design and modelling.
- Proven work experience as Data Architect, Data Modeler, or similar role.
- Knowledge in data architecture, data warehousing, master data management, enterprise information integration and ETL using a cross-section of technologies and programming languages
- A clear understanding of common data requirements as they relate to the finance, sales, marketing, and contact centre organizations. Understands the impact of the data models on complex business issues across many functions and departments.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS, dimensional, NoSQL data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols).
- Experience with enterprise data platforms.
- Good knowledge of metadata management, data modelling, and related tools (Erwin or ER Studio or others).
- Experience in team management, communication, and presentation.
- Experience with data management and relational database design and familiarity with data formats, table joins, and ETL
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles.
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements.
- Experience in data mining and modelling techniques.
- Experience in SQL and Oracle.
Recommended: Read our Job Tips Here to enhance your Application
How to Apply:
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.