40 Useful Tips for any Job Interview
A. TOP 24 MOST COMMON INTERVIEW MISTAKES TO AVOID
- Dressing inappropriately.
- Arriving Late
- Using your phone during the interview.
- Not showing enough interest or enthusiasm.
- Failing to remember what you wrote on your own resume.
- Failing to make a strong case for why you are the best person for this job.
- Leaving your cell phone on.
- Not being prepared to answer questions.
- Inquiring about benefits too soon.
- Being unable to explain how your strengths and abilities apply to the job in question.
- Not paying attention.
- Not knowing anything about the company.
- Lying about your skills, experience and/or knowledge.
- Talking about salary requirements too soon.
- Failing to listen to what the interviewer is saying.
- Being unprepared to answer the standard questions.
- Appearing too nervous,or too confident.
- Saying “you know,” “like,” “um,” and “I guess.”
- Forgetting the name of the interviewer.
- Bad-mouthing past employers.
- Complaining that you were kept waiting.
- Sounding rehearsed.
- Over-explaining why you lost your last job.
- Failing to ask for the job.
B. 8 MOST LIKELY TO BE ASKED QUESTIONS AT MOST INTERVIEWS
- Can you tell me about yourself?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why are you leaving your current job? or Why did you leave your previous job?
- What do you know about our company?
- What are your salary requirements?
- What are your goals? or Where do you see yourself in five years time?
C. 8 MOST IMPORTANT INTERVIEW TIPS
1. Do research on the company before the interview.
2. Review your qualifications for the job.
3. Have a specific position in mind that you’d like to fill.
4. Review common interview questions and prepare responses.
5. Remember body language. Effective forms of body language: smiling, eye contact, solid posture,
6. Prepare questions to ask at the end of the interview.
7. Be authentic, focused, confident and concise.
8. Follow-up after the interview through email or regular mail.
We hope that you have the 40 Useful Tips for any Job Interview listed above useful and they add some useful value in your next Job Interview, Good luck !
Read Also The CV / Resume Checklist