12 Job Vacancies at the National Environment Management Council (NEMC).The National Environment Management Council (NEMC) came into being in 1983 when the Government of Tanzania enacted the National Environment Management Act No. 19 of 1983. NEMC was established with a broad mandate in response to the national need for such an institution to oversee environmental management issues and also implement the resolutions of the Stockholm conference (1972), which called upon all nations to establish and strengthen national environmental Councils to advise governments and the international community on environmental issues. The object and purpose for which NEMC is established is to undertake environmental enforcement, compliance, review and monitor environmental impact statements, research and awareness raising.
Directorates and Units
NEMC is headed by the Director General and it has 5 technical directorates namely:
- Directorate of Environmental Compliance and Enforcement (DECE)
- Directorate of Environmental Impact Assessment (DEIA)
- Directorate of Environmental Research and Planning (DEPR)
- Directorate of Environmental Information, Communication and Outreach (DEICO)
- Directorate of Finance and Administration (DFA).
12 Job Vacancies at the National Environment Management Council (NEMC) – August 2022, please read the details in full on the PDF File below: –